ISO OHSAS 18001 Requirements
“OHSAS 18001 Requirements” is a competency-based 2-day training course that focuses on an occupational health and safety management system that enables an organization to develop and implement an OHS policy and manage its OHS risks. Participants are provided with the understanding and intent of requirements of the OHSAS 18001 Standard through the use of real life examples as they apply to various business and industry sectors.
Participants are actively engaged in demonstrating the identification of applicable sub-clauses of OHSAS 18001 Standard through practical and user-friendly case studies as well as evaluating their conformance to various requirements of OHSAS Standard using various business and industry sector scenarios.
- Understand the use and benefits of occupational health and safety management and specific sector terminology;
- Understand the contribution of OHSAS 18000 family to OHS management;
- Decide on the extent of OHSMS documentation (both mandatory and desired) based on organizational complexity and OHS risks;
- Learn OHS management tools/methodologies for identifying and assessing occupational health and safety hazards and risks;
- Evaluate the appropriateness, application, hierarchy and effectiveness of control measures for eliminating or reducing significant OHS hazards by taking into account legislative, industry codes or other technical information;
- Learn the identification and elimination of barriers to effective implementation of OHSMS;
- Identify various sub-clauses of the OHSAS 18001 applicable to business and industry sector scenarios;
- Learn boundaries between conformance and legal compliance;
- Identify evidence required for auditing various sub-clauses including OHSMS and operational OHS effectiveness;
- Evaluate audit evidence and formulate non-conformance reports; and,
- Evaluate the overall OHSMS adequacy and effectiveness in preventing, reducing or eliminating OHS hazards.
Participants receive a package that consists of interpretation of OHSAS 18001 Standard related materials supported by process approach and risk assessment examples, scenarios and case studies and other value-added reference materials.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone entering occupational health and safety management-related career
- OHS Managers, Coordinators and Consultants
- Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Human Resources/Training professionals
- Engineers, technicians and technologists
- Supervisors, Foremen and Lead Hands
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Reliability and Statisticians
- Anyone seeking advanced knowledge of OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard
- Auditors seeking accreditation to become external auditors employed by OHSMS registrars
- Internal auditors seeking to advance knowledge of OHSAS 18001 Standard requirements
Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following RABQSA knowledge competency units:
• RABQSA – OH: OHS management systems
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and given the opportunity to retake the mandatory question(s) previously missed.
Why Train with Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.?
Jack Sekhon, course instructor, holds, is a member of or has the following experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Member of the Fellow Engineers Canada
- First Class Power Engineer
- RABQSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former QMI/SAI Global QMS/EMS/ OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former CSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- COR External Auditor
- Qualified Six Sigma/Lean Practitioner
- 25 years of experience in QMS/EMS/OHSMS consulting
- 15 years of experience in OHS and environmental compliance evaluation
- 3 years of consulting experience in ISO 17025, ISO 13485, ISO 22000