2 Day ISO 14001:2015 Requirements
“ISO 14001:2015 EMS Requirements” is a competency-based 2-day training program that specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance by achieving its intended outcomes. The use of organizational context and the needs/expectations of interested parties are explained as the basis for designing a Environmental Management System and its processes. The course empowers participants with the understanding of the use of process approach combined with risk management strategies to manage organizational risks and opportunities as well as significant environmental aspects.
Participants are introduced to the design of environmental management system including the processes needed and their interactions through the use of real life examples applied to activities, products and services that an organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective. Participants are actively engaged in demonstrating the identification of applicable sub-clauses of ISO 14001:2015 Standard through practical and user-friendly case studies as well as evaluating the conformance to various requirements of the ISO 14001 Standard using product and service-related scenarios.
- Get to know the ISO Annex SL structure for all management systems;
- Understand the identification of processes of environmental management system through inputs required and the outputs expected;
- Grasp PDCA application to ISO 14001:2015 Standard;
- Comprehend new definitions pertaining to EMS
- Learn how to use organizational context and needs/expectations of interested parties for designing a environmental management system and its processes;
- Understand how to establish scope of EMS using comprehensive requirements of ISO 14001:2015 Standard;
- Understand how to determine and address risks and opportunities arising from environmental aspects , compliance obligations and other issues and requirements, identified in 4.1 and 4.2 to achieve its intended outcomes and to prevent, or reduce, undesired effects, including the potential for external environmental conditions to affect the organization;
- Get to know the process for internal and external communications relevant to the environmental management system;
- Consistent with life cycle perspective, understand requirements for design and development requirements for products or services, procurement of products and services, external providers, transportation or delivery, use, end-of-life treatment and final disposal of its products and services.
- Understand the interpretation and extent of required documented information;
- Learn the leadership and commitment aspects for the effectiveness and continual improvement of the environmental management system;
- Comprehend what monitoring/measuring data needs to be collected, analyzed and evaluated to maintain the effectiveness and continual improvement of environmental management system
- Identify various sub-clauses of the ISO 14001:2015 applicable to various product and service-related business and industry sector scenarios;
- Learn the boundaries between EMS and legal compliance;
- Identify evidence required for auditing various sub-clauses including EMS and operational effectiveness;
- Evaluate evidence and formulate non-conformance reports;
Participants receive a package that consists of interpretation of ISO 14001:2015 Standard related materials supported by process approach examples, scenarios and case studies and other value-added reference materials.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone entering a quality management-related career
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Consultants
- Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Human Resources/Training professionals
- Engineers, technicians and technologists
- Supervisors, Foremen and Lead Hands
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Reliability personnel and Statisticians
- Anyone seeking transition from ISO 14001:2008 Standard to ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Anyone seeking advanced knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 Standard
- Auditors seeking accreditation to become external auditors employed by QMS registrars
- Internal auditors seeking to advance knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 Standard requirements
Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following RABQSA knowledge competency units:
• RABQSA – EM: Environmental management systems
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and provided the opportunity to retake the mandatory question(s) previously missed.
Why Train with Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.?
Jack Sekhon, course instructor, holds, is a member of or has the following experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Member of the Fellow Engineers Canada
- First Class Power Engineer
- Exemplar Global QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former QMI/SAI Global QMS/EMS/ OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former CSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Qualified Six Sigma/Lean Practitioner
- 25 years of experience in QMS/EMS/OHSMS consulting
- 15 years of experience in OHS and environmental compliance evaluation
- 3 years of consulting experience in ISO 17025, ISO 13485, ISO 22000
Dates: Vancouver April 6-7, 2016; Calgary 13-14, 2016; Edmonton April 20-21, 2016