4 Day ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor
“4 Day Lead Auditor” is a competency-based four day course that focuses on the role of an auditor in leading teams for an audit of a management system using ISO 19001:2011 Standard Guidelines to evaluate the level of conformance of organizational OHSMS processes against the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 Standard. The course builds upon the knowledge gained from “3 day Internal Auditor” course and augments the understanding and intent of guidelines of the ISO 19011:2011 Standard related to leading audit teams. It explains the roles, responsibilities, functions and accountabilities of a lead auditor – from audit initiation stage through the audit follow-up stage – with the use of real life case studies applicable to various business and industry sectors. The auditing approach can be applied for leading internal audits, supplier audits, customer-initiated audits and accreditation/certification audits. This course covers competencies QM (2 day quality management requirements), AU (1 day auditing) and TL (1 day Team Lead), which can be taken consecutively or simultaneously.
Please refer to the learning objectives defined in “ISO 9001:2015 Requirements” 2 day course and the “3 day Internal Auditor” course that covers QM and AU modules plus the following:
- Understand how to establish audit objectives/scope and criteria in various business/industry sectors;
- Understand the formation of an audit team based on competence, independence and applicable legal requirements;
- Select applicable audit methods – including on-site and remote;
- Understand how to develop an individual/overall risk-based audit plan/schedule;
- Understand and lead communications with the audit team throughout the audit;
- Learn the purpose, value and methodology of leading effective opening and closing meetings;
- Understand organizing and directing team members for effective and efficient audit outcomes against schedule, criteria and objectives;
- Understand how to lead teams to reach consensus on audit findings;
- Understand the preparation and completion of an audit report that is completely objective;
- Understand the process of leading follow-ups aimed at findings of non-conformance that could include corrective action requests, OFI, verification of actions or security of information; and,
- Understand the compliance with various applicable regulations, legal requirements and industry codes of practice in relation to management system conformance.
Participants receive a package that consists of ISO 9001:2015 Standard-related interpretation materials, process models for each sub-clause, relevant auditing scenarios, practical case studies and other value-added supporting materials.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone entering an environmental management-related career
- Environmental Managers, Coordinators and Consultants
- Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Human Resources/Training professionals
- Engineers, technicians and technologists
- Supervisors, Foremen and Lead Hands
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Reliability and Statisticians
- Anyone seeking advanced knowledge of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard
- Auditors seeking accreditation to become external auditors employed by QMS registrars
- Internal auditors seeking to advance knowledge of ISO 9001 Standard requirements
A preliminary knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard is highly recommended to individuals prior to taking this course. This could be achieved by reviewing the ISO 9001:2015 independently or by taking Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.`s “Introduction to ISO 9001:2015″ course.
Participant competencies are evaluated using value-driven multiple-choice examinations on Days 2, 3 and 4. Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following RABQSA knowledge competency units:
• RABQSA – QM: Quality Management Systems
• RABQSA – AU: Management Systems Auditing
• RABQSA – TL: Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and provided the opportunity to retake the mandatory question(s) previously missed.
Why Train with Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.?
Jack Sekhon, course instructor, holds, is a member of or has the following experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Member of the Fellow Engineers Canada
- First Class Power Engineer
- RABQSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former QMI/SAI Global QMS/EMS/ OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former CSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- COR External Auditor
- Qualified Six Sigma/Lean Practitioner
- 25 years of experience in QMS/EMS/OHSMS consulting
- 15 years of experience in OHS and environmental compliance evaluation
- 3 years of consulting experience in ISO 17025, ISO 13485, ISO 22000