3 Day ISO 9001:2015 internal auditing
“3 Day Internal Auditing” is a competency-based three day course that focuses on auditing management systems using ISO 19001:2011 Standard Guidelines to evaluate the level of conformance of organizational processes against the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard. It builds upon the knowledge gained from the “ISO 9001:2015 Requirements” two day course and augments the understanding and intent of guidelines of the ISO 19011:2011 Standard. The Three Day Internal Auditing explains the roles, functions and accountabilities of an auditor – from audit initiation stage through the audit follow-up stage – with the use of real life examples applicable to various business and industry sectors.
The auditing approach can be applied for internal auditing, supplier auditing, customer-initiated auditing and accreditation/certification auditing as an auditor. This course covers competencies QM (2 day quality management system requirements) and AU (1 day auditing) that can be taken consecutively or simultaneously.
Please refer to learning objectives defined in “ISO 9001:2015 Requirements” 2 day course that covers QM module plus the following:
- Understand the intent and application of auditing-related terminologies and terms;
- Learn principles of auditing and their importance in the auditing profession;
- Understand how to establish audit objectives/scope and criteria in various business/industry sectors;
- Understand the role of and how to conduct effective documentation review and develop an individual/overall risk-based audit plan/schedule;
- Grasp how to prepare a concise, effective and value-added audit checklists;
- Learn the purpose, value and methodology of effective opening and closing meetings as well as on-going communication during an audit;
- Understand both sources of and how to collect verifiable audit evidence through interviews, observations, document/records review and other methods using effective/relevant skills, confidentiality matters, appropriate personal behaviour, risk based approach, appropriate cultural/social/language skills and proper sampling techniques;
- Evaluate audit evidence to generate and document findings and conclusions of conformance and non-conformance for a specific audit scenario to be included in an audit report by the team leader;
- Understand the process of follow-ups to address findings of non-conformance; and,
- Understand compliance with various applicable regulations, legal requirements and industry codes of practice in relation with management system conformance.
Participants receive a package that consists of ISO 9001 Standard-related interpretation materials, process models for each sub-clause, relevant scenarios, practical case studies and other value-added supporting materials.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Anyone entering quality management-related career
- Quality Managers, Coordinators and Consultants
- Senior Management personnel who direct and control organizations
- Human Resources/Training professionals
- Engineers, technicians and technologists
- Supervisors, Foremen and Lead Hands
- Laboratory, Testing and Inspection professionals
- Reliability and Statisticians
- Anyone seeking advanced knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Standard
- Auditors seeking accreditation to become external auditors employed by QMS registrars
- Internal auditors seeking to advance knowledge of ISO 9001 Standard requirements
A preliminary knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard is highly recommended prior to taking this course. This could be achieved by individuals reviewing the ISO 9001:2015 independently or by taking Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.`s “Introduction to ISO 9001:2015″ course.
Participants who successfully demonstrate competence during this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment covering the following RABQSA knowledge competency units:
• RABQSA – QM: Quality Management Systems
• RABQSA – AU: Management Systems Auditing
Participants not deemed competent are issued Certificates of Attendance and provided the opportunity to retake the mandatory question(s) previously missed.
Why Train with Jack Sekhon & Associates Inc.?
Jack Sekhon, course instructor, holds, is a member of or has the following experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Member of the Fellow Engineers Canada
- First Class Power Engineer
- RABQSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former QMI/SAI Global QMS/EMS/ OHSMS Lead Auditor
- Former CSA QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- Former BSI QMS/EMS/OHSMS Trainer
- COR External Auditor
- Qualified Six Sigma/Lean Practitioner
- 25 years of experience in QMS/EMS/OHSMS consulting
- 15 years of experience in OHS and environmental compliance evaluation
- 3 years of consulting experience in ISO 17025, ISO 13485, ISO 22000